How To Download Your Facebook Stalking Data
Facebook is a data collection machine through the disguise of a social networking platform. With the creation of privacy laws around the world and the push from users themselves, platforms like Facebook have opened up what they have on you.
It’s highly recommended to go through the steps below and see what Facebook has on you, which should be shocking. Specifically is the data from “Off-Facebook” activity which means the data Facebook collects on you as you use the regular Internet, the other sites you visit and interact with.
This data can be used to help you as well with your own privacy protections. When you get an idea of the type of data that is collected on you, this will help you change your ways. Find and use privacy centric browsers and anonymous browsing capabilities, VPNs, password vaults, be more aware of what you post publicly.
Here are the steps to download your Facebook data:
To download a copy of your Facebook data:
- Click the arrow in the top right of Facebook.
- Select Settings & Privacy, then click Settings.
- In the left column, click Your Facebook Information.
- Next to Download Your Information, click View.
- To add or remove categories of data from your request, click the boxes on the right side of Facebook.
Select other options, including:
- The format of your download request.
- The quality of photos, videos and other media.
- A specific date range of information. If you don’t select a date range, you’ll request all the information for the categories you’ve selected.
- Click Create File to confirm the download request.
After you’ve made a download request, it will appear as Pending in the Available Copies section of the Download Your Information tool. It may take several days for us to finish preparing your download request.
Once we’ve finished preparing your download request, we’ll send a notification letting you know it’s ready.
Be aware, be safe.